The building was built in 1902. The element of Neo-Renaissance Victorian style, surmounted with colossal Greek and Roman columns . The Standard Chartered Bank used the building as the first bank in Ipoh. Perak Hydro-Electric Power Company, an entity established at London in 1926 bought the building from The Standard Chartered Bank after they moved out to a new building. The building originally housed the headquarters of The Perak River Hydro-Electric Power Company in 1930’s and it is only apt that the national power supply company now occupies its former premise.
Pejabat Tenaga Nasional Berhad
Jalan Maharaja Lela