Birch Memorial Monument built in 1909, officially opened by British High Commissioner, Sir John Anderson in memory of J.W.W Birch, the first British Resident of Perak who has assassinated by local Malay Chiefs Dato’ Maharaja Lela in Pasir Salak on 2nd November 1875. It erected when E.W Birch as the British Resident in Perak from 1905 to 1910. The element of Italy architecture is persistent throughout the monument. At the corners of the belfry, mounted on pedestals, are terracotta figures, representing the four Virtues of British Administration as Loyalty – with sword and shield, Justice – with blind, carrying a sword and a pair of scales, Patience – with unarmed, and Fortitude – with a calm face and bearing a spear.